HB 1509-2_ Filed 02/23/2009, 08:27 Thompson
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1509 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (09)MO150905.1. -->
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin anew
paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 3-9-2-12; (09)MO150905.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 3-9-2-12 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2009]: Sec. 12. (a) This section
does not apply to:
(1) a member of the general assembly; or
(2) a candidate's committee of a member of the general assembly;
with respect to an office other than a legislative office to which the
member seeks election.
(b) As used in this section, "affected person" refers to any of the
(1) An individual who holds a legislative office.
(2) A candidate for a legislative office.
(c) As used in this section, "prohibited period" means the period:
(1) in each odd-numbered year:
(1) (A) beginning on the day in January in each odd-numbered
year the general assembly reconvenes under IC 2-2.1-1-2; and
(2) (B) through the day the general assembly adjourns sine die
in an odd-numbered year under IC 2-2.1-1-2; or
(2) in an even-numbered year, if the general assembly in the
preceding odd-numbered year adopted a budget for a single
state fiscal year:
(A) beginning on the day in January the general assembly
reconvenes under IC 2-2.1-1-3; and
(B) through the day the general assembly adjourns sine die
under IC 2-2.1-1-3.
(d) During the prohibited period, an affected person, an affected
person's candidate's committee, and a legislative caucus committee may
not do any of the following:
(1) Solicit campaign contributions.
(2) Accept campaign contributions.
(3) Conduct other fundraising activities. This subdivision does not
prohibit an affected person from participating in party activities
conducted by a regular party committee.".
SOURCE: Page 7, line 19; (09)MO150905.7. -->
Page 7, between lines 19 and 20, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 22-2-6-2; (09)MO150905.6. -->
"SECTION 6. IC 22-2-6-2 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2009]: Sec. 2. (a) Any assignment
of the wages of an employee is valid only if all of the following
conditions are satisfied:
(1) The assignment is:
(A) in writing;
(B) signed by the employee personally;
(C) by its terms revocable at any time by the employee upon
written notice to the employer; and
(D) agreed to in writing by the employer.
(2) An executed copy of the assignment is delivered to the
employer within ten (10) days after its execution.
(3) The assignment is made for a purpose described in subsection
(b) A wage assignment under this section may be made for the
purpose of paying any of the following:
(1) Premium on a policy of insurance obtained for the employee
by the employer.
(2) Pledge or contribution of the employee to a charitable or
(3) Purchase price of bonds or securities, issued or guaranteed by
the United States.
(4) Purchase price of shares of stock, or fractional interests
therein, of the employing company, or of a company owning the
majority of the issued and outstanding stock of the employing
company, whether purchased from such company, in the open
market or otherwise. However, if such shares are to be purchased
on installments pursuant to a written purchase agreement, the
employee has the right under the purchase agreement at any time
before completing purchase of such shares to cancel said
agreement and to have repaid promptly the amount of all
installment payments which theretofore have been made.
(5) Dues to become owing by the employee to a labor
organization of which the employee is a member. However,
employees of a school corporation (as defined in
IC 20-18-2-16(a)) may not direct a wage assignment from
wages due from the school corporation employer for the
purpose of paying dues to a labor organization of which the
school employee is a member.
(6) Purchase price of merchandise sold by the employer to the
employee, at the written request of the employee.
(7) Amount of a loan made to the employee by the employer and
evidenced by a written instrument executed by the employee
subject to the amount limits set forth in section 4(c) of this
(8) Contributions, assessments, or dues of the employee to a
hospital service or a surgical or medical expense plan or to an
employees' association, trust, or plan existing for the purpose of
paying pensions or other benefits to said employee or to others
designated by the employee.
(9) Payment to any credit union, nonprofit organizations, or
associations of employees of such employer organized under any
law of this state or of the United States.
(10) Payment to any person or organization regulated under the
Uniform Consumer Credit Code (IC 24-4.5) for deposit or credit
to the employee's account by electronic transfer or as otherwise
designated by the employee.
(11) Premiums on policies of insurance and annuities purchased
by the employee on the employee's life.
(12) The purchase price of shares or fractional interest in shares
in one (1) or more mutual funds.
(13) A judgment owed by the employee if the payment:
(A) is made in accordance with an agreement between the
employee and the creditor; and
(B) is not a garnishment under IC 34-25-3.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1509 as printed February 20, 2009.)
MO150905/DI 96 2009