SB 405-6_ Filed 02/22/2010, 11:29 Eberhart
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 405 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 11, line 2; (10)MO040505.11. -->
Page 11, between lines 2 and 3, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 4-33-4.5-1.5; (10)MO040505.17. -->
"SECTION 17. IC 4-33-4.5-1.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 1.5. Notwithstanding
IC 35-41-1-17, a gaming agent may not exercise a power that is not
authorized by this article.".
SOURCE: Page 38, line 26; (10)MO040505.38. -->
Page 38, between lines 26 and 27, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 35-41-1-17; (10)MO040505.41. -->
"SECTION 41. IC 35-41-1-17, AS AMENDED BY P.L.77-2009,
SECTION 7, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 17. (a) "Law enforcement officer" means:
(1) a police officer (including a correctional police officer),
sheriff, constable, marshal, prosecuting attorney, special
prosecuting attorney, special deputy prosecuting attorney, the
securities commissioner, or the inspector general;
(2) a deputy of any of those persons;
(3) an investigator for a prosecuting attorney or for the inspector
(4) a conservation officer;
(5) an enforcement officer of the alcohol and tobacco
(6) an enforcement officer of the securities division of the office
of the secretary of state; or
(7) a gaming agent employed under IC 4-33-4.5 or a gaming
control officer employed under IC 4-33-20.
(b) "Federal enforcement officer" means any of the following:
(1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation special agent.
(2) A United States Marshals Service marshal or deputy.
(3) A United States Secret Service special agent.
(4) A United States Fish and Wildlife Service special agent.
(5) A United States Drug Enforcement Agency agent.
(6) A Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
(7) A United States Forest Service law enforcement officer.
(8) A United States Department of Defense police officer or
(9) A United States Customs Service agent.
(10) A United States Postal Service investigator.
(11) A National Park Service law enforcement commissioned
(12) United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector
General special agent.
(13) A United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
(14) An individual who is:
(A) an employee of a federal agency; and
(B) authorized to make arrests and carry a firearm in the
performance of the individual's official duties.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 405 as printed February 19, 2010.)
MO040505/DI 92 2010