PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1003 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 2, line 24; (11)MO100329.2. -->
Page 2, between lines 24 and 25, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (11)MO100329.4. -->
"SECTION 4. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2011] (a) As used in this
SECTION, "committee" refers to the school voucher study
committee established by this SECTION.
(b) There is established the school voucher study committee.
The committee shall study and may make recommendations
concerning matters relating to school vouchers, including the
(1) The impact on nonpublic sectarian schools, nonpublic
schools, and charter schools.
(2) Issues concerning compliance with the United States
Constitution and the Constitution of the State of Indiana.
(3) Issues concerning the creation of for-profit schools as a
response to school vouchers.
(4) The impact on donations to nonpublic sectarian schools.
(5) The impact on the department of education's performance
(6) Whether the department of education has adequate staff
to perform the department's present responsibilities.
(c) The committee shall operate under the policies governing
study committees adopted by the legislative council.
(d) The affirmative votes of a majority of the voting members
appointed to the committee are required for the committee to take
action on any measure, including the final reports.
(e) This SECTION expires January1, 2012.".
SOURCE: Page 2, line 25; (11)MO100329.2. -->
Page 2, delete lines 25 through 42.
Delete pages 3 through 8.
(Reference is to HB 1003 as printed February 18, 2011.)
MO100329/DI 109 2011