HB 1006-1_ Filed 02/14/2011, 11:26 Battles
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that House Bill 1006 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 6, line 33; (11)MO100601.6. -->
Page 6, between lines 33 and 34, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 5-28-23-1; (11)MO100601.5. -->
"SECTION 5. IC 5-28-23-1, AS AMENDED BY P.L.2-2007,
SECTION 110, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 1. (a) The corporation shall do
(1) Contribute to the strengthening of the economy of Indiana
through the development of science and technology and
promote the modernization of Indiana businesses by supporting
the transfer of science, technology, and quality improvement
methods to the workplace.
(2) Encourage collaborative efforts between any of Indiana's
postsecondary educational institutions, local economic
development commissions, and businesses to customize job
training programs at postsecondary educational institutions
to encourage employment in high technology business
operations (as defined in IC 5-28-15-1).
(2) (3) Submit an annual report to the governor and to the general
assembly (in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6) that is due on
the first day of November for each year and must include detailed
information on the corporation's efforts to carry out this chapter.
The corporation shall conduct an annual public hearing to receive
comments from interested parties regarding the report, and notice
of the hearing shall be given at least fourteen (14) days before the
hearing in accordance with IC 5-14-1.5-5(b).
(b) The corporation may do the following:
(1) Receive money from any source, borrow money, enter into
contracts, and expend money for activities appropriate to its
purpose under this chapter.
(2) Do things necessary or incidental to carrying out the functions
listed in this chapter.
(3) Establish a statewide business modernization network to assist
Indiana businesses in identifying ways to increase productivity
and market competitiveness.
(4) Identify scientific and technological problems and
opportunities related to the economy of Indiana and formulate
proposals to overcome those problems or realize those
(5) Identify specific areas in which scientific research and
technological investigation will contribute to the improvement of
productivity of Indiana manufacturers and farmers.
(6) Determine specific areas in which financial investment in
scientific and technological research and development from
private businesses located in Indiana could be improved or
increased if state resources were made available to assist in
(7) Assist in establishing cooperative associations of
postsecondary educational institutions in Indiana and of private
enterprises to coordinate research and development programs that
will, consistent with the primary educational function of the
postsecondary educational institutions, aid in the creation of new
jobs in Indiana.
(8) Assist in financing the establishment and continued
development of technology intensive businesses in Indiana.
(9) Advise postsecondary educational institutions of the research
needs of Indiana businesses and improve the exchange of
scientific and technological information for the mutual benefit of
postsecondary educational institutions and private businesses.
(10) Coordinate programs established by postsecondary
educational institutions to provide Indiana businesses with
scientific and technological information.
(11) Establish programs in scientific education that will support
the accelerated development of technology intensive businesses
(12) Provide financial assistance through contracts, grants, and
loans to programs of scientific and technological research and
(13) Determine how state educational institutions can increase
income derived from the sale or licensure of products or processes
having commercial value that are developed as a result of state
educational institution sponsored research programs.".
SOURCE: Page 7, line 20; (11)MO100601.7. -->
Page 7, after line 20, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (11)MO100601.8. -->
"SECTION 8. An emergency is declared for this act.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to HB 1006 as printed February 11, 2011.)
MO100601/DI 51 2011