Citations Affected: None (noncode).
Synopsis: Child welfare study. Requires the Indiana advisory
commission on intergovernmental relations to study various matters
regarding child welfare and to submit a report of the results of the study
to the legislative council not later than January 1, 2012.
Effective: July 1, 2011.
January 13, 2011, read first time and referred to Committee on Family, Children and
A BILL FOR AN ACT concerning family law and juvenile law.
(B) employees who have direct contact with the public.
(6) The educational requirements for, pay scale of, and benefits of employees described in subdivision (5)(B).
(7) An accounting of state and federal funds that the department of child services has appropriated to service providers.
(8) The process of awarding the funds described under subdivision (7) to service providers.
(9) An accounting of costs of litigation and lawsuit settlements involving the department of child services.
(10) The number of children:
(B) committed; and
(C) removed from their homes;
by the department of child services.
(11) The amount of time each child described under subdivision (10) was detained, committed, or removed from the child's home.
(12) The costs of detaining, committing, or removing the child.
(13) The total number of child deaths in Indiana.
(14) The total number of children who died while wards of the department of child services.
(15) The educational requirements of the department of child services ombudsman.
(16) The costs and staff of the office of the department of child services ombudsman.
(c) The commission shall submit a report of the results of its study to the legislative council not later than January 1, 2012. The report submitted to the legislative council must be in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6.
(d) This SECTION expires July 1, 2012.