I move that Engrossed House Bill 1048 be amended to read as follows:
have the operation of a public pension or retirement fund of the
system audited by a certified public accountant.
(9) Publish for the members a synopsis of the fund's condition.
(10) Adopt a budget on a calendar year or fiscal year basis that is sufficient, as determined by the board, to perform the board's duties and, as appropriate and reasonable, draw upon fund assets to fund the budget.
(11) Expend money, including income from the fund's investments, for effectuating the fund's purposes.
(12) Establish personnel programs and policies for the employees of the system.
(13) Submit a financial report before November 1 each year to the governor, the pension management oversight commission, and the budget committee. The report under this subdivision must set forth a complete operating and financial statement covering its operations during the most recent fiscal year, and include any other information requested by the chair of the pension management oversight commission. The report must be submitted to the pension management oversight commission in an electronic format pursuant to IC 5-14-6.
(14) Establish a code of ethics or decide to be under the
jurisdiction and rules adopted by the state ethics commission.
(15) (14) Provide the necessary forms for administering the fund.
(16) (15) Submit to the auditor of state or the treasurer of state
vouchers or reports necessary to claim an amount due from the
state to the system.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to EHB 1048 as printed April 1, 2011.)