HB 1109-1_ Filed 03/10/2011, 13:35 Breaux
that Engrossed House Bill 1109 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (11)MO110901.1. -->
Page 1, between the enacting clause and line 1, begin a new
paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 3-5-2-40.5; (11)MO110901.1. -->
"SECTION 1. IC 3-5-2-40.5, AS ADDED BY P.L.109-2005,
SECTION 1, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE
JULY 1, 2011]: Sec. 40.5. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b),
"proof of identification" refers to a document that satisfies all the
(1) The document shows the name of the individual to whom the
document was issued, and the name conforms to the name in the
individual's voter registration record.
(2) The document shows a photograph of the individual to whom
the document was issued.
(3) The document includes an expiration date, and the document:
(A) is not expired; or
(B) expired after the date of the most recent general election.
(4) The document was issued by the United States or the state of
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a)(3), a document issued by the
United States Department of Defense, a branch of the uniformed
services, the Merchant Marine, or the Indiana National Guard
(1) otherwise complies with the requirements of subsection
(2) has no expiration date or states that the document has an
indefinite expiration date;
is sufficient proof of identification for purposes of this title.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to EHB 1109 as printed March 9, 2011.)