SB 179-24_ Filed 02/23/2012, 07:38 Porter
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 179 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 3, line 27; (12)MO017930.3. -->
Page 3, between lines 27 and 28, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: ; (12)MO017930.2. -->
"SECTION 2. [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012] (a) The legislative
council is urged to refer the topic of early education (education
before kindergarten) to an appropriate study committee during the
2012 legislative interim.
(b) The committee shall study the following aspects of early
(1) Whether there is a need for public early education, and the
extent of that need.
(2) Public school capacity issues.
(3) The availability of teachers for early education.
(4) Necessary funding levels.
(5) Any other topic related to early education the committee
(c) The committee shall operate under the guidelines established
by the legislative council.
(d) This SECTION expires December 31, 2012.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 179 as printed February 17, 2012.)
MO017930/DI 71 2012