SB 179-1_ Filed 02/15/2012, 15:16
Your Committee on Education , to which was referred Senate Bill 179 , has had
the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the
recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
SOURCE: Page 3, line 28; (12)AM017905.3. -->
Page 3, delete lines 28 through 35, begin a new paragraph and
SOURCE: ; (12)AM017905.2. -->
"SECTION 2. [EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE] (a) As used in this
SECTION, "committee" refers to the education issues interim
study committee established under subsection (b).
(b) The legislative council, under IC 2-5-1.1-5(a)(2), shall
establish an interim study committee to be known as the education
issues interim study committee. The committee shall do the
(1) Study the costs and savings to a school corporation or a
charter school relating the implementation of this act.
(2) Study issues relating the accessibility, and instruction of a
virtual instruction course, as defined in IC 20-32-4.5-4, as
added by this act.
(3) Study how the school funding formula in the state budget
for the state fiscal years beginning July 1, 2013, and ending
June 30, 2015, may be adjusted to recognize the achievement
of objectives under this act for a school corporation or
charter school that implements virtual instruction courses, as
defined in IC 20-32-4.5-4, as added by this act,
(4) Study any additional topics the legislative council
(c) The committee shall operate under the policies governing
study committees adopted by the legislative council. The committee
shall submit a final report to the following:
(1) The legislative council in an electronic format under
(2) The governor.
(3) The chairperson of the house committee on ways and
(4) The ranking minority member of the house committee on
ways and means.
(5) The chairperson of the senate committee on
(6) The ranking minority member of the senate committee on
(d) This SECTION expires December 31, 2012.
SOURCE: ; (12)AM017905.3. -->
SECTION 3. An emergency is declared for this act.
(Reference is to SB 179 as reprinted February 1, 2012.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.
AM017905/DI 116 2012