Page 1, delete lines 1 through 15, begin a new paragraph and insert:
" SECTION 1. IC 4-1-10-5, AS AMENDED BY SEA 127-2012, SECTION 14, IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2012]: Sec. 5. (a) A state agency may disclose the Social Security number of an individual if any of the following apply:
(1) The disclosure of the Social Security number is expressly required by state law, federal law, or a court order.
(2) The individual expressly consents in writing to the disclosure of the individual's Social Security number.
(3) The disclosure of the Social Security number is:
(A) made to comply with:
(i) the USA Patriot Act of 2001 (P.L. 107-56); or
(ii) Presidential Executive Order 13224; or
(B) to a commercial entity for the permissible uses set forth in the:
(i) Drivers Privacy Protection Act (18 U.S.C. 2721 et seq.);
(ii) Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. 1681 et seq.); or
(iii) Financial Modernization Act of 1999 (15 U.S.C. 6801 et seq.).
(4) The disclosure of the Social Security number is for the purpose of administration of a state agency employee's or the state agency employee's dependent's health benefits.
(5) The disclosure of the Social Security number is for the purpose of administration of:
(A) a pension fund administered by the board of trustees of the
Indiana public retirement system;
(B) a deferred compensation plan or defined contribution plan established under IC 5-10-1.1;
(C) a pension plan established by the state police department under IC 10-12;
(D) the Uniform Commercial Code (IC 26-1) by the office of the secretary of state; or
(E) Title IV-D of the federal Social Security Act.
(b) A state agency's disclosure of the Social Security number of an individual in compliance with subsection (a) does not violate IC 5-14-3-4(a)(12). ".
Page 2, delete lines 1 through 21.
(Reference is to ESB 287 as printed February 24, 2012.)