SB 621-30_ Filed 04/04/2013, 07:44 Pryor
PREVAILED Roll Call No. _______
FAILED Ayes _______
WITHDRAWN Noes _______
RULED OUT OF ORDER
HOUSE MOTION ____
I move that Engrossed Senate Bill 621 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 8, line 26; (13)MO062145.8. -->
Page 8, between lines 26 and 27, begin a new paragraph and insert:
SOURCE: IC 36-3-5-13; (13)MO062145.10. -->
"SECTION 10. IC 36-3-5-13 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW
SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY
1, 2013]: Sec. 13. (a) This section applies to the following:
(1) A deputy of the executive appointed under section 2(a) of
(2) A director of a department of the consolidated city
appointed under section 2(a) of this chapter.
(3) A controller appointed under section 2(c)(1) of this
(4) A deputy controller appointed under section 2(c)(2) of this
(5) A corporation counsel appointed under section 2(c)(3) of
(b) As used in this section, "economic development incentive"
refers to any of the following:
(1) A tax credit.
(2) A tax deduction.
(3) A tax abatement.
(4) A tax exemption.
(5) A grant.
(6) A loan.
(7) A loan guarantee.
(8) Financial or economic development assistance.
(c) An individual who holds an appointed position described in
subsection (a) may not:
(1) be employed by or perform services for a contractor of the
consolidated city; or
(2) benefit from an economic development incentive granted
or approved by:
(A) the consolidated city; or
(B) the metropolitan development commission acting as the
redevelopment commission for the consolidated city;
during the period described in subsection (d).
(d) The period referred to in subsection (c):
(1) begins on the day the individual ceases to hold an
appointed position described in subsection (a); and
(2) ends three hundred sixty-five (365) days after the date the
individual ceases to hold an appointed position described in
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to ESB 621 as printed April 2, 2013.)
MO062145/DI 102 2013