Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning motor vehicles and to make an appropriation.
Sec. 2. The bureau shall design a Vietnam veterans trust license plate to be issued beginning January 1, 2014.
Sec. 3. A Vietnam veterans trust license plate must include the following:
(1) A basic design for the plate with consecutive numbers or letters, or both, to properly identify the vehicle.
(2) A background design or colors that designate the license plate as a Vietnam veterans trust license plate.
(3) Any other information the bureau considers necessary.
Sec. 4. The bureau shall confer with members of armed forces retiree organizations concerning the design of the Vietnam veterans trust license plate and the emblems denoting the branch of service or conflict in which the veteran served.
Sec. 5. A Vietnam veterans trust license plate issued under this chapter may be displayed on the following:
(1) A passenger motor vehicle.
(2) A truck registered as a truck with a declared gross weight of not more than eleven thousand (11,000) pounds.
(3) A recreational vehicle.
(4) A motorcycle.
Sec. 6. A veteran who is a resident of Indiana and eligible to register a vehicle listed in section 5 of this chapter may apply for and receive a Vietnam veterans trust license plate for one (1) or more vehicles upon doing the following:
(1) Completing an application for a Vietnam veterans trust license plate.
(A) a United States Uniformed Services Retiree Identification Card;
(B) a DD 214 record;
(C) United States military discharge papers; or
(D) a current armed forces identification card;
to the bureau.
(3) Paying the fees under section 7 of this chapter.
Sec. 7. (a) The fees for a Vietnam veterans trust license plate are set forth in IC 9-29-5-38.7.
(b) The annual supplemental fee described in IC 9-29-5-38.7(a)(2) shall be:
(1) collected by the bureau; and
(2) deposited in the operation homefront trust fund established by section 8 of this chapter.
Sec. 8. (a) The operation homefront trust fund is established.
(b) The treasurer of state shall invest the money in the fund not currently needed to meet the obligations of the fund in the same manner as other public funds are invested. Interest that accrues from these investments shall be deposited in the fund. Money in the
fund is continuously appropriated for the purposes of this section.
(c) The commissioner shall administer the fund. Expenses of administering the fund shall be paid from money in the fund.
(d) On June 30 of each year, the commissioner shall distribute the money from the fund to the Indiana chapter of Operation Homefront.
(e) Money in the fund at the end of a state fiscal year does not revert to the state general fund.