Your Committee on Government and Regulatory Reform , to which was referred House Bill 1317 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning the general assembly.
appointed by the speaker. Not more than two (2) members
appointed under this subdivision may be members of the same
(2) Four (4) members of the senate appointed by the president pro tempore. Not more than two (2) members appointed under this subdivision may be members of the same political party.
Sec. 4. The chairman of the legislative council shall appoint the committee's chair.
Sec. 5. IC 2-5-1.2 applies to the committee.
Sec. 6. The committee shall study the following:
(1) The use and effectiveness of Indiana's current land bank statute.
(2) Issues relating to creation of land banks at the municipal level, as opposed to the county level.
(3) The implications that land banks would have for Indiana's current tax sale process.
(4) The effect of Indiana's current tax sale process on the disposition of vacant and abandoned property.
(5) The effect that creation of municipal land banks would have on local revenues.
(6) Land bank issues unique to Marion County.
(7) Other issues related to land banks.
Sec. 7. This chapter expires January 1, 2015.".
Delete pages 2 through 43.
(Reference is to HB 1317 as introduced.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.