SB 621-1_ Filed 02/18/2013, 10:40 Breaux
that Senate Bill 621 be amended to read as follows:
Delete the title and insert the following:
A BILL FOR AN ACT concerning local government.
SOURCE: Page 1, line 1; (13)MO062102.1. -->
Page 1, line 1, delete "IC 3-8-1-24 IS AMENDED TO READ AS
Page 1, line 2, delete ": Sec. 24. A candidate for the office of" and
insert " (a) As used in this SECTION, "legislative council" refers to
the legislative council established by IC 2-5-1.1-1.
(b) As used in this SECTION, "study committee" means either
of the following:
(1) A statutory committee established under IC 2-5.
(2) An interim study committee.
(c) The legislative council is urged to assign the following topics
to a study committee during the 2013 legislative interim:
(1) Election and composition of the legislative body of a
(2) The powers of the executive of a consolidated city.
(3) Counting of absentee ballots in a county having a
(4) The organization of law enforcement in a county having a
(5) Fiscal governance of a consolidated city.
(6) Membership of township boards in a county having a
(7) Any other topics relating to the government of a
consolidated city and its county that the legislative council
(d) If the topics described in subsection (c) are assigned to a
study committee, the study committee shall issue a final report to
the legislative council containing the study committee's findings
and recommendations, including any recommended legislation
concerning the topics, in an electronic format under IC 5-14-6 not
later than November 1, 2013.
(e) This SECTION expires December 31, 2013.".
Page 1, delete lines 3 through 15.
Delete pages 2 through 14.
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to SB 621 as printed February 15, 2013.)