HB 1001-3_ Filed 04/08/2013, 10:22 Tallian
that Engrossed House Bill 1001 be amended to read as follows:
SOURCE: Page 164, line 28; (13)MO100117.164. -->
Page 164, between lines 28 and 29, begin a new paragraph and
SOURCE: IC 12-15-46-2.5; (13)MO100117.145. -->
"SECTION 145. IC 12-15-46-2.5 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA
CODE AS A NEW
SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS
[EFFECTIVE UPON PASSAGE]: Sec. 2.5. (a) The office of the
secretary shall negotiate with the United States Department of
Health and Human Services for amendments to the state Medicaid
plan or for any Medicaid waivers to take effect January 1, 2014,
that are necessary to provide coverage for individuals described in
42 U.S.C. 1396a(a)(10)(A)(i)(VIII).
(b) A waiver or state plan amendment negotiated under this
section must meet the following:
(1) May not include annual or lifetime maximum coverage
(2) May not include a penalty provision that delays
reinstatement for an individual who has failed to make a
(3) Allows for a contribution to a health care account on a
sliding scale determined by the office based on the individual's
federal poverty income level.
(4) Requires Medicaid recipients to participate in cost
sharing, as allowable under federal law.
(5) May not include enrollment limitations for participation
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to EHB 1001 as printed April 5, 2013.)