The Senate Committee on Tax and Fiscal Policy, to which was referred Senate Bill No. 559, has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the Senate with the recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
provide to the department a monthly electronic report furnishing
the identifying information specified by the department.
(c) Before December 1 each year:
(1) the department of correction shall provide to the department an electronic file listing the name and Social Security number of each individual under the jurisdiction of the department of correction as of November 1 of that year; and
(2) the state department of health shall provide to the department an electronic file listing the name of each individual for whom an Indiana death certificate was issued during the immediately preceding twelve (12) months.".
bond requirement under subsection (c) to provide
transportation services in a federal or state designated
(3) at the discretion of the secretary, granted a waiver of the bond requirement under subsection (c) based on the determination that the provider does not pose a significant risk of submitting fraudulent or false Medicaid claims;
(4) owned or controlled by a person that is licensed or certified by a board listed in IC 25-1-9-1;
(5) owned or controlled by a pharmacy that has a permit issued under IC 25-26-13;
(6) owned or controlled by a hospital licensed under IC 16-21; or
(7) required under federal law to obtain a surety bond to cover Medicaid overpayments and false Medicaid claims and has obtained a bond that complies with the applicable federal law.
Page 4, delete lines 4 through 9.
Page 4, line 14, delete "(b)." and insert " (c).".
Page 4, line 29, after "(6)" insert " The surety bond must provide that the bond may not be void on a first recovery, but that suits may be instituted until the penalty is exhausted.
Page 4, line 40, delete "(7)" and insert " (8)".
Page 5, line 6, delete "(8)" and insert " (9)".
Page 5, line 32, delete "Require" and insert " For providers categorized as high risk to the Medicaid program under 42 U.S.C. 1395cc(j)(2)(B) and 42 CFR 455.450, require".
Page 5, line 35, after "who" insert " :
Page 5, line 36, after "entity" insert " ; or
(B) is a member of the board of directors of a nonprofit facility or entity;".
Page 5, line 36, beginning with "in which" begin a new line block indented.
Page 6, delete lines 5 through 10, begin a new paragraph and insert:
" (b) Before the office may approve a provider agreement, the
office shall conduct a pre-enrollment site visit for provider
applicants that are designated as moderate or high categorical
risks to the Medicaid program under 42 U.S.C. 1395cc(j)(2)(B) and
42 CFR 455.450.".
Renumber all SECTIONS consecutively.
(Reference is to SB 559 as printed February 1, 2013.)
and when so amended that said bill do pass.
Committee Vote: Yeas 11, Nays 0.