that Senate Bill 341 be amended to read as follows:
Page 3, after line 25 , begin a new paragraph and insert:
"SECTION 4. IC 36-7-4-1210.5 IS AMENDED TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2002]: Sec. 1210.5. (a) ADVISORY. As used in this section, "town" refers to the most populous town in the jurisdiction of the plan commission.
(b) ADVISORY. This section applies to a plan commission operating under a joinder agreement:
(1) in a county having a population of more than one hundred eight thousand (108,000) but less than one hundred eight thousand nine hundred fifty (108,950); and
(A) a township having a population of more than nine thousand (9,000) but less than ten thousand (10,000); or
(B) a township having a population of more than eight thousand four hundred forty (8,440) but less than eight thousand five hundred (8,500).
(c) ADVISORY. Notwithstanding section 1210 of this chapter, a plan commission described in subsection (b) shall have nine (9) members as follows:
(1) Two (2) members of the town legislative body, to be appointed by the town executive for a one (1) year term.
(2) Two (2) town residents who are not elected officials or town employees, to be appointed by the town executive for a four (4) year term.
(3) One (1) member of the township board, to be appointed by
the township executive for a one (1) year term.
(4) (3)(A) Four (4) Five (5) township residents who:
(i) are not residents of the town; and
(ii) are not employees of the town or township;
to be appointed by the township executive with the approval of
the township legislative body for a four (4) year term.
(B) Provided, however, if a member of the township board is appointed by the township executive the term shall be for one year.".
(Reference is to SB 341 as printed January 25, 2002.)