Citations Affected: IC 4-30-17-4.2.
Synopsis: Build Indiana fund. Creates a build Indiana fund review
committee in each senate district and in each house of representatives
district to advise legislators on the selection of build Indiana fund local
projects for funding and to monitor the progress of projects that are
Effective: July 1, 2003.
January 15, 2003, read first time and referred to Committee on Finance.
A BILL FOR AN ACT to amend the Indiana Code concerning state
and local administration.
IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE
AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY
1, 2003]: Sec. 4.2. (a) A five (5) member build Indiana fund review
committee is established in each house of representatives district
and in each senate district of Indiana to:
(1) provide advice to the members of the house of representatives and senate concerning which projects from the house of representatives or senate district should be funded from the build Indiana fund; and
(2) advise the legislators on the progress of projects that receive funding.
(b) All five (5) members of the review committee of a house of representatives or senate district shall be appointed by the representative or senator elected from the district. Members shall be appointed for a term of two (2) years. Members may not receive compensation.
(c) One (1) of the members of a review committee shall be
appointed to represent each of the following:
(5) Nonprofit organizations.
Not more than three (3) members of a review committee may be affiliated with the same political party.
(d) A review committee shall meet at least two (2) times each year as follows:
(1) One (1) time before the convening of the regular session of the general assembly to receive applications for funding and to give the legislator appointing the committee advice on programs to be included in the budget bill.
(2) One (1) time during the summer months to monitor progress of the recipients of build Indiana funds.
(3) Other times as necessary to accomplish the purposes of the committee.