Your Committee on Public Health , to which was referred Senate Bill 615 , has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the House with the recommendation that said bill be amended as follows:
facility for the mentally retarded (ICF/MR) if the individual's
disability results in substantial functional limitations in at least
three (3) of the following areas of major life activities:
(2) Understanding and use of language.
(6) Capacity for independent living.
(b) Before July 1, 2006, the office of Medicaid policy and planning shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 that define the criteria and process used by the office of Medicaid policy and planning to determine the number of hours of care that a developmentally disabled individual (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) needs in a supervised group living setting. The rules must provide that a developmentally disabled individual (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) in the following types of supervised group living settings needs the following hours of care per resident day:
(1) Intensive training, six (6) hours.
(2) Developmental training, eight (8) hours.
(3) Basic development, ten (10) hours.
(4) Medically fragile, twelve (12) hours.
(5) Child rearing, eight (8) hours.
(6) Child rearing with specialized programs, ten (10) hours.
(7) Small residence with behavior management for children, twelve (12) hours.
(c) Before July 1, 2006, the office of Medicaid policy and planning shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to amend the requirements under 405 IAC to require that the supported living program and reimbursement system contain the following components:
(1) Conduct of an independent assessment to determine the level of resources necessary to meet the needs of a developmentally disabled individual (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) in a healthy and safe environment.
(2) Determination of the level of resources that are needed by a developmentally disabled individual (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) using a funding matrix that differentiates
between needs and service requirements for developmentally
(A) with family or other nonpaid supports; and
(B) without family or other nonpaid supports.
(3) Requirement that individual support teams assist developmentally disabled individuals (as defined in IC 12-7-2-62) in developing and implementing individualized plans after resources have been allocated.
(d) This SECTION expires July 1, 2007.
and when so amended that said bill do pass.