- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.

Indiana General Assembly
House Bill 1200


Search all legislative material from the 2005 Session.
General Assembly Home Page

Session Information

Complete Bill Listing

Get Acrobat Reader
You will need to download and install Acrobat Reader to view PDF documents.


House Bill 1200

ARCHIVE (2005)

Latest Information

DIGEST OF HB 1200 (Updated April 27, 2005 7:53 pm - DI 87)

Allows a county that does not contain a city to change the composition of the county solid waste district board if the county executive and the county fiscal body agree to the change. Provides that: (1) if a campground elects to be billed for sewage service by use of a meter, the rate charged by a district board for the metered sewage service may not exceed the rate charged to residential customers for equivalent usage; and (2) if a campground does not install a meter and is billed for sewage service at a flat rate, each campsite at a campground may not equal more than 1/3 of one resident equivalent unit. Establishes a minimum monthly charge for campgrounds that elect to be billed by use of a meter. Allows a campground to file with the Indiana utility regulatory commission a request for review of a disputed matter with a district board to be conducted by the commission's appeals division. Adds provisions regarding dissolution of a smaller conservancy district and the assumption of the operations, obligations, and assets of the smaller district by a larger contiguous conservancy district that shares a common purpose with the smaller district. Extends the period in which a solid waste management district that owns its own landfill must file a report with the state board of accounts. Exempts a district from the requirement that the fiscal body of a county in which a district is located must approve the use of certain property tax revenue within the district if the district: (1) owns a landfill; (2) will use property tax revenue to construct a new landfill cell or close a landfill cell at the landfill; and (3) has received approval from the county fiscal body to construct or close the landfill cell. Requires certain solid waste landfills that accept only construction\demolition waste to comply with setback requirements concerning public schools established by the solid waste management board for municipal solid waste landfills.
Current Status:
 Law Enacted
>Latest Printing > (PDF)