The Senate Committee on Health and Provider Services, to which was referred House Bill No. 1309,
has had the same under consideration and begs leave to report the same back to the Senate with the
recommendation that said bill be AMENDED as follows:
(3) A vehicle used to transport food solely for distribution to the needy, either free of charge or for a nominal donation.
(4) A private gathering of individuals who separately or jointly provide or prepare and consume their own food or that of others attending the gathering, regardless of whether the gathering is held on public or private property.
(5) Except for food prepared by a for-profit entity, a venue of the sale of food prepared for an
(A) that is organized for:
(i) religious purposes; or
(ii) educational purposes in a nonpublic educational setting;
(B) that is exempt from taxation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(C) that offers the food for sale to the final consumer at an event held for the benefit of the organization;
unless the food is being provided in a restaurant or a cafeteria with an extensive menu of prepared foods.
(6) Except for food prepared by a for-profit entity, an Indiana nonprofit organization that:
(A) is organized for civic, fraternal, veterans, or charitable purposes;
(B) is exempt from taxation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(C) offers food for sale to the final consumer at an event held for the benefit of the organization;
if the events conducted by the organization take place for not more than fifteen (15) days in a calendar year.
(7) A farmer's market or roadside stand if the food product:
(A) is made by an individual in the individual's primary residence;
(B) includes a label that contains the following information:
(i) The name and address of the producer of the food product.
(ii) The common or usual name of the food product.
(iii) The ingredients of the food product, in descending order by predominance by weight.
(iv) The net weight and volume of the food product by standard measure or numerical count.
(v) The date the food product was processed.
(vi) The following statement in at least 10 point type:
"This product is home produced and processed and the
production area has not been inspected by the state
department of health.";
(C) is prepared by an individual who practices proper sanitary procedures, including:
(i) proper hand washing;
(ii) sanitation of the jar and packaging item holding the food product; and
(iii) safe storage of the food product; and
(D) is not resold.".
Delete pages 2 through 4.
and when so amended that said bill do pass .
Committee Vote: Yeas 9, Nays 0.